Monday, February 3, 2014

Thankful for You **The Art Studio @ SNR**

I am always on the lookout for uses for my mists - I just can't get enough of them.  I love the look and ease of application (you can't mess it up), plus it adds great dimension and depth to your project. 


Here I used two different types of papers to change the color or add color by using mists.

First is coffee filter paper.  It is exactly what it sounds like, a paper make of coffee filter material.  You can buy it as doilies or you can cut up real coffee filters and use those.  The absorb mists really well and don't harden up like regular scrapbook paper after it has gotten wet and dried.  On this filter paper i used varying colors of red, yellow, and orange.


Next I used corrugated paper, similar to cardboard, but it comes in a variety of colors.  This one started out as grey, but I wanted to liven it up so I misted it with red, orange, and yellow mists then brushed the top and edges with dark brown ink.


 I used both of these materials in the background of my card for texture and depth.  I love to layer and it is even more fun when I use my mists!!

Supplies Used
Cardstock - Core'dinations and DCWV
Patterned paper - Glitz
Specialty paper - Fancy pants
Embellishments (flowers and leaves) - Prima, Petaloo, and Recollections
Stamp - Inkadinkadoo
Ink - Studio G
Mists - Heidi Swapp and Dylusions
Ribbon - Canvas Corp and May Arts

Come check out more at The Art Studio @ SNR!!

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...