Saturday, May 28, 2016

Smartie & Nerd Candy Jar Teacher Gifts **Beacon & ScrapPlezier** w/Video Tutorial

I love to give my kids teachers something special at the end o the year, and when I was teaching the most thoughtful and lasting gifts I received were the handmade ones.  I still member a little decorated tin of candy, a handmade blanket, handmade card, and a handmade necklace.  Some were very simple (the card) and some more elaborate, but the idea that a student or parent took the time to make it for me said a TON!!  I got the normal gift cards, but have no memory of who gave those to me, but all those handmade gifts I can still remember the names and years I taught them after 7 years of staying at home.  So each year I strive to make little gifts for my kids teachers to show them how much they have meant to me as my kids teacher.



This year we made candy jars for the teaches with Nerds and Smarties in them.  The note reads, "Thanks for being a NERD with me, and teaching me to me a SMARTIE".  A fun little pun of the names of the candies in the jar.

Here is a video on how we made the jars, my little girl helped!!


Don't forget about your teachers at the end of the year, they work so hard for your kids and even the smallest gesture mean the world to them.

Supplies Used
Jars
Candies
Papers/Tags - Kasiercraft - Offshore Collection
Ink - Prima
Ribbon - May Arts Ribbon
Circle Cutter - Kreaxions
Cutting Mat - Creative Memories
Pen - Marvy
Glue - Beacon

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...